Keyboard navigationAristotle uses the Twitter Bootstrap CSS framework, which encourages the use of ARIA roles and markup to improve keyboard navigation. All dropdown menus in Aristotle have access keys and can be controlled with arrow keys, to make navigation easier.
Quick Access keys
Each browser has different ways to activate these keys, but common browsers on Windows use Alt or Alt+Shift while on Apple desktops, browsers commonly use Crtl or Crtl+⌥ Opt. Learn more about how to use access keys on Wikipedia.
Site-wide shortcutsThe following access keys are available on all pages.
- Navigates to the accessibility page, and focuses on this legend
- Activates the "skip to content" link (screen readers only)
- Highlight the quicksearch bar
- Open user menu
- Open create content menu
- Open download menu, only for applicable content
Editing shortcutsThe following access keys are only available for editors when on a page they have permission to edit. Note: Due to technical limitations, these keys will not work if focus is in the rich text editor, tabbing away from the rich text editor will allow these to be used.
- Open item editor
- Add a row to a list of values
- Save - saves the changes in the current form.
- Cancel - discard changes for the current form and closes the editor.
Administrator shortcutsThe following access keys are only available for admiinistrators when on a page they have permission to edit.
- Jump to the admin page for this item
- Apply - in the admin editor, this saves the item and stays on the items admin page
- Save - in the admin editor, this saves the item and goes the items page.
- Cancel - in the admin editor, this cancels any unsaved changes goes the items page.
Search shortcutsThe following access keys are only on the search page:
- Expand "item type" filters
- Expand "state" filters
- Expand "registration" filters
- Next page of results
- Previous page of results